GKN Aerospace is now hiring an Aircraft Assembly Mechanic.
As the Aircraft Assembly Mechanic you will be responsible for fabrication, assembly, painting, rework and repair of composite products. This includes the operation of machines, fabrication of temporary tooling, tooling maintenance and first level maintenance related to composite products. You'll also be responsible for maintaining safe work practices, high quality, high productivity, integrity, and compliance with company instructions and directives, including the company’s prohibition against discrimination and harassment.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
• Must have knowledge of shop mathematics, production methods, shop practices and working quality of composite materials and machine operation.
• Ability to work from information such as drawings, shop sketches, sample parts, specifications, and engineering instructions.
• Layup and bond various material.
• Assemble composite components and sub-assemblies.
• Operate all machines, processes (including chemical processes) and related procedures.
• Fabricate shop aids, required tooling, test specimens and developmental parts.
• Assure product quality including first article inspection.
• As directed, assist any employee in any job classification in the performance of their duties.
• Perform any other activity including movement, packaging, protection and crating of material, product, equipment, supplies, other manufacturing related items, and operation of material handling equipment. Responsible for the storage and retrieval of production tooling.
• When assigned as Leadperson: Assist and direct personnel to meet quality, cost and schedule requirements. Coordinate production problem resolutions and process improvements. Communicate with production and support personnel. Instruct and train personnel. Perform shop work.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
GKN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.